It’s holiday time again, time to kick back, relax and put all our worries to rest. And if you are lucky enough to be in Western Australia, then what place could be nicer than time spent at beautiful Swan Valley. It’s easy to entertain oneself with wonderful gourmet food, great wines and perfect river scenery on an easy ride from Perth.
A Choice and a Half!
Happening to be a stone’s throw away from Perth, the Swan Valley was the birthplace of the state’s expanding wine industry and why Swan Valley wine tours are so popular. Anyway, let’s take a look at 5 things to do in the valley of the Swans, starting with…..
- For all of you animal lovers out there, Caversham Wildlife Park is a one off experience with many native Australian wildlife. Here you can have the real Australian animal experience, be it feeding the kangaroos, cuddle a wombat or check out the koalas, this is a great day out for all the family. There’s also a farm show which gives you an overview of Australian culture and farm life.
- Swan Valley Water & Amusement Parks are a fun day out for children and parents alike. The water park is the most popular with amazing slides and water everywhere. There are life guards dotted around the place, which keeps things good for security and in any case of an emergency. The giant bouncing pillow is also good fun for revellers.
- How about doing a wine tour and sampling the very best of Western Australian wines? And to totally make it an even more pleasurable and memorable experience, forget doing any driving yourself, and let a professional car rental service drive you around in the luxury of a stretch Hummer Limousine. You can organise your own itinerary, or ask them about which tour would suit you. If that sounds about right, Perth Hummer are for sure the people to contact, guaranteeing you a fun time for everyone. Do yourself a favour!
- Fancy a bit of local history? The historical village of Guildford was one of three towns founded during the creation of the Swan River Colony in 1829. Perth was the administrative centre, Fremantle the port, and Guildford the market town. Nowadays Guildford is one of only two towns in Perth on the National Trust register and still many fine buildings from the township’s earliest colonial days continue to grace the streets.
- On your bike! The award winning Swan Valley Heritage Cycle Trail, is a 10 kilometre ride from end to end, scenic cycle trail right in the heart of the Swan Valley. Situated a mere 25 minute drive from Perth, Western Australia, you can discover the heritage and environs of the Swan Valley on this popular route. An enjoyable time guaranteed for all!
And there you have it, there has to be something from the above that will tickle your fancy, so get out there and give it a go! Enjoy!